Introducing the latest innovation in femoral traction pre-hospital care.
Extremely compact and lightweight, the new STS-C is designed for situations where medical equipment must be packed into difficult or remote locations. Ideally suited for search and rescue, special operations, military medics, wildland firefighters, backcountry skiers, or anyone trying to minimize pack weight and cube space. The new STS-C is a more advanced version of the Slishman Traction Splint. Like the original, the STS-C generates a mechanical advantage using an internal pulley to apply precise femoral traction.
Features and Benefits:
- One size fits all, from small children to large adults
- Less than 13 ounces, and 13” packed—one of the smallest and lightest traction splints on the market
- Single connected device—no loose parts, which may get lost
- Can be applied in under a minute with minimal training
- Application possible even in cases of lower leg/foot amputation
- Includes the Slishman Pressure Wrap to assist with rotational stability
Dimensions: 13" H x 3" W
Weight: 13 oz
The distal hitch on the STS-C is applied just proximal to the calf or patella. Coarse positioning is accomplished using a spring button to extend and lock the outer tube. Fine traction is accomplished by pulling on the cord, followed by locking with a downward pull into the V-notch. Because you control all traction at the hip, you can easily make adjustments as conditions change or in route to the hospital.